Thursday 3 December 2009

Digipak (album cover).


Whilst doing my album cover research i found that the Jonas Brothers included a thank you page and a page with pictures of them, Therefore I decided to include that in my Digipak, i also decided to stay with the same colour scheme and font styles as to have an aspect of continuity.
























My album cover was inspired by the Jonas Brothers, as you can see from the above picture, however I feel that my album will stand out and grab my target markets attention because it is bold and bright, it is also the colour that fans wanted as it is in purple, but still really girly.


I chose the name 'The Echos' as i thought it was simple and easy to remember, it also represents the bands fame echoing out, it is also their surnames.The word Echo is derived form mythology as a mountain nymph who pined away for love of the beautiful youth Narcissus until only her voice remained. Therefore portrayed the artists as beautiful people, this meaning is also used in my music video because Kate gets her heart broken by Roberto, but still has her singing voice left, an echo also means a lingering trace or effect, so the name will stick in the minds of others. I also used the colour purple and white in some of my scene, such as Aysia typing up her speech, Kate and her suite and when I played the drums. The name Echo also means a sound that gets repeated, therefore I would hope for the music video to get played lots of times. a lingering trace or effect, again something that will remain in the minds of my target audience. a person who reflects or imitates another the Jonas Brothers and Demi Lovato.

I chose 'Edwardian script MTC' style for the font as I thought that it would make the band look classic and sophisticated. It will also be a simple font to for fans to copy on to their own t-shirts and note books. It will also be a cheap font to put on to merchandise. I chose the name 'Distinct, Absolute, Memories' for the album name as it tells their target market that they are different from what has been seen before as their sound is new and original, as well as staying true to their original roots. The 'Agency FB' is simple and looks futuristic representing the new sound that they contain.
Kate is wearing a nice green dress, which highlights her beauty, and a silver neck less which gives her a girly appeal, she is also in the middle and the tallest in the picture signifying her role of lead singer in the band. I am wearing skull dress, which shows my rock chick appeal, and is a sense of continuity as it relates the music video with the digipak because i am wearing the same dress in the music video. Aysia is wearing a grey jumper to emphasise her laid back causal attitude.

I also think this idea is better then my first one (previously seen in the blog) because its more simple and bright, The back also looks more together as its bright and bold, it also includes the logos and bar code (which i got from the Internet), making it more official.


























No comments:

Post a Comment